Keep It Simple Stupid

No Comments
I've always been a bit annoyed by the whole K.I.S.S thing; but as they say if the shoe fits...


Sunday I spent about 3 hours planning out the week's menu. Trying to use what we had. So I rooted around in the freezer and looked through recipes and did calculations and thought of the people I promised to feed. I went to the grocery store to get a few super perishables like chicken and veggies. But I really was psyched to spend under 50 bucks and feed Adam, myself & two of our super developers who really pulled through for us over the weekend.

So this means a week of Trader Joe's combo meals.
Buffalo burgers, turkey meatballs salad & soup.

Yesterday's Lunch was simple & yummy
4 TJ's Turkey Meatballs
8oz TJ's Low Sodium Butternut Squash Soup
85G TJ's frozen cut up Bell Peppers
Calories 290 Fat 8 Carb 31 Protein 25 Fiber 9

Dinner was just as simple read 10 minutes or less when you have help grilling
Buffalo Burger
Dijon
1 slice of Pepperidge Farm Light Style
(adam got 2 slices of sourdough grilled cheese)

.55 oz of Reduced fat feta
50G spinach
2 Tbsp Strawberry Vinaigrette

The Vinaigrette is super easy
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries thawed
2Tbsp White Wine, Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp of olive oil
crushed black pepper

This came in at
Calories 199 Fat 14.6 Carbs 13 Protein 49.2 Fiber 3.2

The rest of the week is looking almost just as simple.
Although the life of a design consultant is never dull and I am off to an unexpected trip down to the Philly area, Lansdale really.

I'll be setting up the Tandori Chicken for Adam to make tonight so he doesn't eat cereal or bon-bons for dinner and he can take that in for the fellas tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment